Monday 15 November 2010

North Carolina and an explanation


I've been away for quite a while, haven't I? Well, it wasn't by choice, trust me. I've been away from Postcrossing, and cards in general, due to health issues. You see, I've developed a tendinitis on my right wrist. It's a nasty thing: it hurts a lot and it makes it hard to do... well... anything. And forget about writing. It hurts like someone has set my hand on fire. Quite horrible. But I am feeling a little better, at least enough to go back to blogging about postcards. Slowly, mind you, but still going.

So, this wonderful card was sent by Monica and it shows several landmark of North Carolina, one of the southern american states. It was one of the original 13 states to form the United States of America. The card shows the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Piedmont plateau, the Outer Banks and its state bird, the cardinal.

When this card reached my hands, it made me smile. I loved the colours and the pictures, it seemed like a place where I could relax and enjoy myself. I specially loved the autumn colours in the trees. So beautiful! Maybe one day, who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Esta obra está licenciada sob uma Licença Creative Commons.