Sunday 25 January 2009

Florence


The Athens of the Middle Ages, as it has been called by History experts, Florence is considered by many the birthplace of Italian Renaissance and it’s well known for its art and architecture.

Located in the Italian region of Tuscany, it lies on the Arno River, and it’s one of the biggest tourist attractions in the region, particularly due to its historic centre, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.

In the picture we can see one of its best known landmarks: the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (Florence’s Cathedral). The basilica is notable for its exterior with marble panels, the dome designed by Brunelleschi and Giotto’s Bell Tower.

This breathtaking card was sent by eryore, from the USA.

Source: Wikipedia.

5 comments:

  1. About 15 years ago we took a week's holiday in Florence, and it still stands out as one of the most wonderful holidays I have ever had. It's a magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I was flabbergasted when I saw how many wonderful postcard blogs there are in the blogosphere! I have been stumbling over gorgeous postcard images as I visit blog after blog after blog. My cheeks hurt from smiling! I love finding people with similar interests.

    I am starting a postcard event called Postcard Friendship Friday. I'll put Mister Linky on my blog to keep us all connected. It would be wonderful if you could join, visit, and leave a comment on the other blogs who have joined the event too!

    You don't even have to be a collector to join! There are zillions of postcard images on Flickr to pick from. Vintage, postcrossing, retro, personal travels, kitsch…… the list of postcard types is long!

    I'll see you on Friday

    Marie

    PS Please comment back if you would like to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS I sent this invitation to the people on your blogroll! I hope that everyone with a postcard blog comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful idea, Marie. What do I have to do? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I hope and pray that you are fine and happy.
    I saw your nice blog and it is really beautiful. Can you please tell me what is a "vintage postcard"?In fact I want to know the difference between a normal post card and a vintage post card.
    I am Cheema from Pakistan. I collect FDCs, stamps, coins, phonecards, postcards, etc from all parts of the world.
    You can view my blog at http://mycoolcovercollection.blogspot.com/
    I have recently started it and hope to take more interest in it.

    Are you interested in swapping some FDCs, stamps or postcards? I can send you any collectible items from Pakistan.
    I am also interested in a blog link exchange if you agree.

    You can mail me at faisalcheema44@gmail.com

    Waiting anxiously for your kind reply
    Best Regards
    Yours Cheema

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
Esta obra está licenciada sob uma Licença Creative Commons.